Web resources

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Ms.Villanueva Active Reading Workshop

This week one of the activities is having our students improve their reading skills. It is important that they become active readers. This will help them in any subject because comprehension of reading is a crucial skill. At the beginning of each reading lesson we like to project Word Clouds to give the students an overview of the material. This is a great method since certain words catch their attention. I also like to use shapes that relevant! It's more fun that way!


I also have the students complete story map activities like these after a book is read to them. I like to have them color and be as creative as they want with the printouts. 

1 comment:

  1. My child really enjoyed the story map activities. She comes home and reads to me all the time. Great work!!

    ReplyDelete